How can I incorporate more vegetables into my diet?

By Anonymous April 20, 2015 - 4:57pm

I was wondering how to trick myself into eating more vegetables. Any advice? I usually eat broccoli or carrots and I want to expand my veggie palate.

That's a great question! You can experiment using peppers and tomatoes in a chicken stew and making ground turkey hash with sweet potatoes and onions.

Easy recipes!

You simply need to eat more vegetables and add them in. Maker sure after you buy them (have them at the top of your shopping list and go straight to the produce section), that you wash them and put them in good containers for freshness. Therefore you won't think preparing them is too much; you have a ton ready to eat. 

Do you like salad? Eat a small salad with fresh veg before your dinner. It's a great way to add them to your diet and helps to control the portion size of your dinner as you'll feel fuller before you tuck in. There are ready made salads in the produce that are filled filled with mixed lettuce, kale and vegetables. 

Consider making smoothies - for every two fruits you use, add in a vegetable.  

If you enjoy dips and chips, substitute carrots, peppers, cucumbers and celery instead of the chips. You get the same crunch but none of the fat. 

When asked what side you'd like with a meal when out, choose a steamed vegetable instead of french fries. 

Make it a priority to add five vegetables to your diet everyday. 

Healthy Eating