How can I INCREASE my weight?

Ok, so here's my question:
My appetite lately has been very poor, and as a result I am losing weight... (I'm already very thin, and tall)... It concerns me because my family notices everything. When I'm at a healthy weight and my clothes fit, they notice and compliment me on how good I look. As soon as I lose 5 or 6 lbs, everyone starts asking, "are you ok?", or "are you eating?"... I'm so small now that my collar bone is showing and so I don't feel good about myself.

Is there anything I can do, or take (preferably something natural) that will help increase my appetite, and subsequently help to gain some weight??
Thanks! :o)

P.S. I have Devic's, a form of multiple sclerosis, and I take a hefty amount of drugs. I would normally blame my loss of appetite on my illness, but this time I think something else is causing it...

Thank you for your post and welcome! Thank you also for the PS; it helps us a lot.

With Devic's disease, weight loss to this extent isn't a very common symptom, but could definitely be what's happening. But it could be due to something entirely different - therefore I think it's best you see a doctor as to why your appetite is decreasing like this, rather than finding ways to gain weight. Eating more, or more fattening foods may only temporarily mask what's going on, but not sort it out.

Your weight loss and decreased appetite may be directly attributed to your Devic's but it may be symptomatic of something else and you need to see a doctor about it.

I can help you find foods that help weight gain (of course anything high fat, high in salts and sugars will work! ) but drinking supplements like Ensure can do it more healthfully.

However, I have to stress that you should contact your doctor to find out WHY you are losing your appetite and losing weight, instead of ignoring these signs and just eating more. It could be somewhat serious or something quite trivial going on but getting it checked by a professional is the route you should take.

Let me know what you think and again, thanks for your post.

Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis Guide