How can I locate a support group?

By September 14, 2011 - 10:22am

I'm looking for an eating disorder support group in my town, but haven't had any luck.
Is there any information I can use to make looking for a support group easier?
And If I couldn't find one, how could I start a support group?

Hi Sysy92

Thanks for you post.

There are several ways you can find help near you.

Your doctor/nurses may know of group or you can certainly call the hospitals in your town and ask for information on this topic; they will certainly have some details for you.

If there are rehab centers for eating disorders in your city or state, then call them - they will be a mine of information for you.

Another way is by joining Meetup. com, I've found the link for you here and you can see what cities/towns have meetings already or who is looking to join on or start one. Here's the link, take your time to really dig in to what's available : http://eatingdisorder.meetup.com/

You can also join Eating Disorders Anonymous for information, you can find them here: http://www.eatingdisordersanonymous.org/

Good luck with your search!

Wow! Thank you for all of the information.
I really appreciate it.

Eating Disorders

Eating Disorders Guide