Wellness

ask: How can I produce breast milk without being pregnant?

By Thecutestkitten

I want to be able to produce or at least know how to induce breast milk production. It seems like a usefull thing to know and have the abilaty to do. Plus later on I could sell it to those who need it for their children. I've heard you can produce lots of it if you pump long enough. True or false?

Anonymous

Hi Thecutestkitten,

Welcome to EmpowHER. That's great what you are trying to do for others. But, it's important to discuss this with your doctor first. Some believe, that stimulating your breast for 20 minutes, eight times each day will induce lactation.  With a breast pump, suckling partner or hand massage of the breast, and finger stimulation of the nipple and areola. 

Daisy

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: