for how can I stay on Prevacid (30 mg/day)?

I take a number of drugs, supplements and chemo. I was advised to "start the day" with an antacid medication, i.e. 1/2 hr before breakfast, on empty stomach. Nexium did not work as well, but Prevacid seems to do its job. I've been taking it now for 3-4 months and am concerned in which way it may change the chemistry of the GI tract.

Thanks for your question and I'm sorry you're going through what seems like serious treatment.

Heartburn medication can be taken long term if needed although if changing or modifying diet works, that's obviously a lot better. These meds address the symptoms, not the cause.

There has been some concern with these meds in terms of their connection to bone loss or potential fractures so some doctors recommend calcium and Vitamin D to be taken along with the heartburn medication.

Is this heartburn in connection to your disease or the medications you are on?

Heartburn (GERD)

Heartburn (GERD) Guide