How can I test my adrenal gland?

I always feel fatigue and pain in my neck and shoulders and inflammation in my left arm, chest pain like pressure and some times fast heart beats.
emotionally some times sad sometimes ok sometimes lonely, I don't know what's wrong with me, I feel so weak.

Thank you for the advices I will go and see a doctor as soon as I get insurance.

I JUST did an adrenal function panel (one like drtenney suggested) and am awaiting results. You don't need a prescription to obtain and perform this test. Here's where I got mine (and it was the least expensive one I could find): http://www.vrp.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProdID=9833

I would like to add to the good advice that Susan has posted for you. I agree that you should visit your doctor for a work-up as your symptoms could be a result of many different conditions.

But to answer your question, a common test for the adrenal glands is called an Adrenal Stress Index (ASI). This test takes samples of saliva collected at 4 different times over one day and looks at the levels of cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands and is responsible for many different functions in the body. One of the common symptoms of low cortisol levels, which you are experiencing, is fatigue.

Dear Anon

Thank you for your question and welcome!

Based on your symptoms, there could be any number of issues, from glandular to thyroidal to something like depression. And depression can go hand in hand with some of these conditions.

It sounds like a full check up may be in order for you, including blood work so see how your glands are doing, as well as others areas of your body (and mind) that could be contributing to how you're feeling.

We all feel emotional at times and it's normal to feel down and sad on occasion, depending on our circumstances. But this, combined with physical symptoms could mean you have an underlying condition that needs to be seen to.

I know my reply to you is a bit general but your symptoms are also rather general and I think a full check up (including your endocrine system,) comprehensive blood work, as well as an evaluation for depression, will be in your best interest. Call your doctor's office and explain your symptoms and they will guide you from there. We wish you the best and will you please keep us updated?

Cushing's Disease