How can taking Diane 35 help me to have a normal menstrual flow?

Hi! I have regular periods every month, but my problem is there are times that I would have very heavy menstruations. It's uncontrollable. I had my ultrasound and the findings were polycystic ovaries. It says I have a lot of follicles that's causing that heavy period. There's no cysts, polyps or whatever that needs to be removed. My doctor is trying to treat me with Diane 35 for 3 months to regulate my cycle. I took it and finished the 21 days. During the 7 days withdrawal period I only had little light brown spotting. This made me kinda worried. Is that normal? Why does the doctor want to suppress my regular bleeding? How can this treat me with my heavy periods? I asked an explanation to my doctor and she can't explain it very well. She got agitated and annoyed by my questions easily. This made me very unhappy and worried because I want a more detailed explanation of why does that happen and how it can help me by taking those pills. The doctor just want me to do as she instructed without very much explanation. She just says it will regulate my period by taking those pills.

I missed 1 day also of taking the next pack of Diane 35. I wasn't able to because she wants me to visit her first for check-up before I take the next pack and due to my work I wasn't able to visit her immediately. It's only 1 day that I missed so she just instructed that I should take the next pill immediately. Is this really bad if I skipped a day of not taking this Diane 35 pill? I noticed that on that 8th day where I missed taking the next pill, my menstruation started to flow more than just the brown spotting. The doctor told me that it was because I didn't take the next pill immediately and so my menstruation will start to be heavy again. That's why I keep wondering why she wants to suppress my regular menstrual flow? Isn't that bad?

Hi, it is my first time to take diane 35,i took my first tablet on my my fist day of my monthly period, until now my period doesn't stop, it us been 9th day today. What will I do? Is this normal? Will I continue to take the Diane 35? Will I stop taking it?
Pls. Help me.

hey . . i dont have my periods regular i m just 19 years. i have consulted a doctor. she recommended my diane 35 i had 3 courses of it n i had acne n facial hair. after 3 courses my acne is better. but when i stopped taking diane 35 i didnt have my periods i had them after 52 days. i consulted the doctor again.. she recommended me to take the pills! but she didnt tell me the for how long should i take these pills. can you please help me out pleaseee!! m much worried about it.. reply me as soon as you could..

I have regular period every month after taking this diane pill 35 my period not come this month of march i start take this pills febuary after my period finish.. then now i finish take one pack i start again another pack..because im afraid of being pregnat..thats why i start again to take it is ok..but diane is good to my body now my body have more changes the problem only is my period..please help me

Thanks for this info Daisy. I'm much mor e at ease now after reading this.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for your question. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. The name of the condition comes from the appearance of the ovaries in most, but not all, women with the disorder — enlarged and containing numerous small cysts located along the outer edge of each ovary. If you're not trying to become pregnant, your doctor may recommend low-dose birth control pills that contain a combination of synthetic estrogen and progesterone. They decrease androgen production and give your body a break from the effects of continuous estrogen. This decreases your risk of endometrial cancer and corrects abnormal bleeding. Any concerns you might have on the medication your doctor prescribed should be discuss with her. If you don’t feel comfortable with this doctor, you might want to consider taking a second opinion from another doctor. Hope this has helped?

Here are some resources for you

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Guide