How concern should I be with the brand, medication, labeling, packaging, beyond and especially when its been around for awhile now as opposed to being new now either OTC (over counter) and prescription

By October 1, 2013 - 5:39pm

I for one I'm really never questioned this aspect, but until earlier, today when I started to notice this, and beyond.

Hi Jessica

The difference between brand name and generic is nothing more than a recognized brand name (like Tylenol) and it's actual ingredient (acetaminophen). As long as the active ingredients are the same, it's all the same thing. You can save a lot of money by buying generic. 

All medication (either prescription or over-the-counter) have use-by dates. They need to be heeded.

Prescription medications are generally stronger and more potent than over-the-counter meds.

I hope this helps?

Thanx and it somewhat helped.