How do I decrease my body mates(maternity ) ?

By May 10, 2010 - 8:08am

My belly is getting bigger I'm not pregnant for sure. It just i getting fat...my hand leg ar skinny but all my fatness is my belly so how do I decrease that? what should take?
I start eating salad and stop eating fat stuff...

Great thanks a lot :))

Dear rosiun1986

Thanks so much for your question and welcome!

If your weight gain around your belly is sudden and pronounced, you may want to schedule a checkup with your health care provider to make sure there is no underlying reason for your abdominal fat gain.

But it sounds like you are one of the many women who gain weight around their middle, rather than dispersing the weight throughout the body.

The fat around your belly is known as visceral fat and is the fat that worries doctors regarding heart health. In other words, belly fat is the really bad fat. Many find they have small waists and large butts and thighs, and others like you are pretty slim except in the tummy region and you do need to work on this and remove as much extra fat as you can.

It sounds like you may need to lower your calorie intake and watch your fat intake. Also watch for your salt intake, that can really make a person bloat. Exercise is very important but to lose belly fat, you'll have to possibly reduce your food intake.

Stick with healthy fruits and veggies, lots of fiber and calcium, and lean protein. Drink lots of plain water.

For exercise, there are lot of tips for getting the tummy down. Here is an article by one of our experts - a certified trainer : http://www.empowher.com/low-back-pain/content/top-10-fat-burning-ab-exercises-women

rosiun1986, can you tell us your age and describe your current lifestyle to us (diet and exercise levels, stress levels, sleep quality) etc?

Weight Loss