How do I find out if I have sensitive skin?

Hear there is something called a patch test. Is a patch test accurate? What does it tell me?

Hi Lauren

Thanks for this great question! 

Yes, there is a skin patch to see if you have sensitive skin, as well as the method of injecting a small amount of allergen into the skin to see what happens. 

The skin patch also contains allergens. It's placed on your skin for several days or longer, to see how the skin reacts. No reaction means no allergies. 

These tests are preformed by allergy doctors or dermatologists. One your results come in, they will be evaluated and you will be told what kind of allergies you have, if any. You can then avoid these kinds of ingredients in your skin care, laundry detergent, etc. 

Read all about allergy testing here:

Do you feel you may have allergies, Lauren?