How do I find out which birth control is right for me?

How do I find out which pill or contraception is right for me? I've had a lot of trouble recently (the past 2 years) with my birth control. I know it's messing up my body - my hormones, libido, mood, etc. However, I don't know why or what to do about it now.

Thank for your post! 

Trial and error is probably your best bet.  So whatever you have been using needs to be scratched off the list. 

Condoms, for sure, are a good bet.  They are hormone free, easy to use and are up to 98% effective. They also help protect against disease. 

I have written an article about birth control choices - you can take a look here: