Depression

Depression Guide

ask: How do I know if I should decrease from 100 to 50 of Pristique? I started on it 3 and a half weeks ago why did my dr want me to start at 100?

I would like to welcome you to the EmpowHER community.

Pristique is a medication prescribed to treat major depressive disorders. The recommended dose is 50 mg once daily. In clinical studies, taking 50 mg to 400 mg daily were shown to be effective. Adverse reactions were more frequent at higher doses.

Anonymous, I cannot tell you when or if you should decrease your dosage.
You must talk with your physician. Please do not change your daily dose until you speak with him. He knows your case and has prescribed this dose because he must feel that is what you need to control your condition.

Regards,

Have you ever used an online community or social network to self-diagnose a medical problem?: