How do I know Im pregnant

By May 29, 2009 - 11:13pm

I had unprotected sex april 25 for the first time with my boyfriend.I had my period april 17 but i had it for 8 day's, on may 12 i had my period but i only had it for 5 days. the week after I had unprotected sex i was feeling sick and my breast started to hurt then my period came. after my may period i was still feeling sick to my stomache, tired and hungry more than ussual.3 weeks later im still having the feeling but more intense than before.one night i was laying really straight and still I felt multiple thumps on the top right of my abdomin and a tugging feeling on my belly button.could i be pregnant? today is may 29th and i woke up nausea's and dizzy and tired all together. I ate and still felt nausea's, i was uncomfortable, i was so tired i couldnt comprehend anything my teachers was telling me. my stomache is hard at the top of my abdomin and around my bellybutton.

Okay so I had my period a week before april 29th on april 29th I had unprotected sex and it's only been nine days and I don't feel good I heard I have to wait to find out till after my period but that's going to be awhile is there any way I can know sooner?

Unfortunately you need to wait a few more days to test. You don't necessarily have to wait till your period is late. Early pregnancy tests are accurate about 3-5 days before your period is due so you can test next week - around Wednesday or so.It's generally too early to have symptoms now but it could be something else or even nerves.

how about me? im a virgin, i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, im also 17 yrs. old. we were doing it and his thing went in mine, it was too big i couldn't fit it in. he doesn't masturbate, im also worried of that. when we wanted to get it it and NOT GET PREGNANT, he masturbated and he got the white thingy out. we put it in. after that, i didn't bleed they say when you loose your virginity you'd bleed but i didn't. afer like a minute after sex, my thing was wet..SSOOOO WET that it went through my pants. im worried, will i get pregnant?? my period was last feb16 and we did it march 8, yesterday!

(reply to Anonymous)

Anytime you have unprotected sex (sex without a condom or other birth control method, such as the pill), you can most definitely increase your chances of pregnancy. That is the way women DO become pregnant, so I'm wondering why you are wondering if you could get pregnant from having sex??

I'm also wondering if you've had any sex education in school, because if you have not, we are here to answer any other questions you have.

Here are some of the answers to the questions/statements that you made:
- Masturbation does not prevent pregnancy.
- I'm wondering why you said you are a virgin, but then said you had sex?
- Many women do not bleed when they lose their virginity.
- Your vagina was wet from your natural lubrication, so this is normal and healthy.
- The "white thingy' from him masturbating is called "ejaculatory fluid" or the slang is "cum". This fluid contains sperm, and your boyfriend produces more ejaculatory fluid, and each time is penis is erect (in order for him to have sex with you), there is a chance for this fluid to be released inside your vagina.

Do you need information on how to buy or use condoms?
Have you been to a gynecologist yet? It is time, since you are sexually active, and your doctor can talk with you about your birth control options.

Hi again - thanks for the update!

If you have not had sex since that 5 day period then it's reasonable to say you are not pregnant!

But if you have, you have a week to wait. I think your symptoms are more likely to be premenstrual (and possibly stress induced) rather than pregnancy.

You can take a test as early as Tues/Wed (I recommend a digital one) to be sure and if your period is not here by June 6th/7th/8th you can retest again.

My fingers are crossed that your period comes and/or you get a big fat negative!

And please, please ensure that you never have unprotected sex. The risks are just too big and you have your whole life ahead of you - a pregnancy or disease shouldn't be your worries right now! Take care of yourself and please give us an update and good luck to you!

my period is due on the 6th of june

Thanks for your question and for finding EmpowHer!

While reading your question, I'm trying to gauge if you had unprotected sex after your May 12th period? The fact that it was 5 days long and the one before that was 8 days long is fine - our periods can vary in length from 3 days to 8 days or even longer. From what I am reading, you have not had sex since your period?

The fact that you had breast pain before your period is ok too; this is a common premenstrual symptom.

If you have not have unprotected sex since you last period you are probably not pregnant - it sounds more like you are having symptoms of stress, not pregnancy. You can take a pregnancy test to ease your mind. You will need to know as soon as possible if you are pregnant.

As far as unprotected sex - why are you having sex this way? Phoenix, you are at great risk of pregnancy if you continue to have unprotected sex. Please find a clinic or see a doctor and get yourself on very reliable birth control. You also must use condoms, you are at great risk of getting an infection or disease by not protecting yourself. One out of every four girls in America has a sexually transmitted disease so please look out for yourself. If your boyfriend refuses to use a condom, you need to rethink your relationship with him and please put yourself first, no matter how much you care for him! At this time in your life, you must love yourself more and care about yourself more!

Don't worry just yet, Phoenix. When it your period due?

i might be pregnant.
i had sex on christmas day and my fiance slipped in me.
well i think i might be pregnant im having signs of pregnancy.
my breast were tender the second week but not really anymore, and i bleed the second week for like 4 or 5 days very litely. im 17 years old and im very confused im constantly hungry. and my fiance says ive been having some mood swings.
i get nausa sometimes it seems to happen whenever like day and night.
i crampy once in awhile in my lower back not to much through the day. i also cramp in my lower stomache area.
ive also felt very tired latly for the last one or two weeks.
just moving around my heart feels like it sppeds up and i get really tiredd really fast. it gets really annoying i havnt been able to clean without stopping every 5-10 mins.
can someone tell me if im pregnant?

(reply to Anonymous)

You said that you bled for 4-5 days after you had sex on Christmas day. Was this your menstrual period? When are you expecting your next period?

If you have a menstrual period, it means you are not pregnant at that time.