how do i make my boyfriend more intimate with me

By Anonymous January 16, 2015 - 7:39am

I know this sounds like he is not into me. but that is not the case. He enjoys shopping, going to the beach, dining out , he is with me alot everyday and we really enjoy each others company. He just wont be intimate, never comes to me for affection like kissing, even holding me let alone being in bed together. I feel unattactive and i get upset with him quite often as to why he doesn't enjoy this part of our relationship . I feel more like he is a freind to me than a lover. And also, i am going without this intamacy in my life and i don't want to look elsewhere for it. I love him dearly and would like to make things work. He claims he has never been intimate with any woman. He has told me when we met he was a virgin still. Its like he wants to keep it that way for some reason. We have been dating over a year and have not been intimate with each other even though we have been to some pretty quaint places alone together.

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're dealing with such issues in your relationship. 

Anon, I think you have a wonderful friendship with this young man but that's what it is - a friendship. 

He may just want to be friends, he may be gay or he may have some issues with sex, but I think you need to accept that you have a great friendship. I know you love him and that you want a romantic relationship with him but this is not coming to pass. 

He is a friend and not a lover, Anon.  And that's ok but I think he needs to be honest with you and you need to be honest with yourself. 

Have a talk with him and tell him that you will always be his friend but you need to know the real story.