How do I prevent freckles in girls?

How to prevent freckles??

My 10 year old girl is getting freckles around her nose. What can I do to reduce and prevent more freckles? Is it lotion or does diet play a role in freckles?

I love a smattering of freckles over the nose, I think it's really attractive and even lovelier on kids!  

Has your daughter spoken of her freckles? If not , please don't mention them to her. They are a part of her face and I'm sure she's beautiful. It would be awful if she thought she were somehow flawed due to some freckles over her nose and needed an intervention to change how she looks. 

Freckles have a genetic component but you can limit further freckles by limited or preventing sun exposure to the face. This is a good thing to do anyway! Make sure she wears a good sunscreen and a hat, when possible.