How do I stop taking hormones? 25 years is long enough!

I have been on HRT for 25 years. I have tried to stop but the sweating and hot flashes are so uncomfortable. What is a good method to stop....help.

Thank you for your question and welcome to EmpowHer. There is a video on our site that is specific to how long you should continue to take HRT and this may be helpful to you http://www.empowher.com/menopause/content/hormone-replacement-therapy-how-long-should-it-be-taken-dr-heward-video.

If you have tried to stop on your own, I would certainly contact your physician as with any medications, you do not want to stop taking them before consulting him/her. I hope this video helps. Keep us posted.

Hot Flashes