How do I tell if someone might be infected with Ebola virus?

I travel a lot. What symptoms should I look for in people to determine if they may be infected with Ebola virus. What can I do to protect myself?

Hi Anon- Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community. Certainly the ebola virus is a hot topic in the media. Where do you travel to? Most of the outbreaks are in Central and East Africa. The Zaire strain of ebola virus is spreading through Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Nigeria. 

You can only get it from direct contact with the blood or other bodily fluids of infected people. According to experts, it is not that contagious-in comparison to that of measles, AIDS or the flu. 

Here is a recent article on the symptoms of ebola virus from the EmpowHER community. Anon, I am sure you have nothing to worry about, but if you have traveled to these areas recently or been in contact with someone that could have been exposed, this article notes what to look for.

I hope this helps!