how do you get group b strep in the pelvic area?

By Anonymous January 8, 2010 - 11:43am

I postal menopauce. Lots of pressure in low stomackk, and sometimes sharp pain. Hard to walk, feels like pelvic is falling out.

Dear Anon

Have you been diagnosed as having group B strep?

Group B Strep is a bacteria that lives in the gut, or the urinary tract. The most affected are pregnant women and babies. In fact, babies account for nearly half of annual diagnoses in the U.S.

If you do have this condition, you need to be placed on antibiotics very quickly and this is a very serious bacteria to have infecting your body and is fatal in about one out of every five cases.

It also sounds like you may have a bladder or uterine prolapse. Are you familiar with either of these conditions?

Please let me know if you have had a diagnosis of Group Strep B and if you are on medications. Also, please let me know if you have had this feeling of your pelvis "falling out" - have you discussed this with your doctor?

I hope to hear from you soon!