Hypothyroidism

Hypothyroidism Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: How do you know if you are taking to much Thyroid medication?

I am taking Levothyroxine 50meg. A day. What are the symptoms if you are taking to much? Also if I am going to have my Thyroid test should I stop taking them a few days or a week before the test or continue taking them?

Do not stop taking your daily dose of levothyroxine.

To determine the right dosage of levothyroxine initially, your doctor generally checks your level of TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) after two to three months.

Excessive amounts of the synthetic hormone can cause increased appetite, insomnia, heart palpitations and shakiness.

Good luck with your test,