How does meditation affect your well-being?

I exercise on a regular basis but really want to start meditating too. I think it would be beneficial for me to relax my mind and body and reduce stress at the end of each day by meditating. How does meditation affect your well-being? What are health benefits of meditation?

Hi Lauren

Mediation is when a person takes time to find a quiet place with no distractions, where they can sit comfortably in silence (or with reflective music) and reflect on their lives - or - slow down and limit their thoughts in order to have peace of mind and calm their center. 

Because our mental well-being can change our physical well-being, the healthier our mental health is, the better the chance we have of maintaining physical health. 

Meditation helps to center ourselves, to stop the mental (often negative) chatter in our brains and forces us to take much-needed time away from the trials of life. 

You can read lots more about meditation here: 

Also, here are tips on ways to meditate for optimal effect: 

Has this helped?