how to exercise after a pelvic fracture

By Anonymous December 23, 2015 - 3:09pm

I was involved in a car accident in June fractured my pelvic,was on bedrest in icu then used a wheelchair until they removed my external fixation in September then I started to use walking frame then crutches for a while now I can walk long distance but I get tired,is still difficult to carry something heavy, I can't run,is still difficult to do some things like washing blankets, I would like to know what can I do to be back to normal,I still can't bend down too low like touch my lower legs with my bums,please help.......?

You should be in physical therapy after your broken fracture. Physical therapy is a form of exercise where therapist can use techniques to gradually get your back to normal in a safe way. It's a bit surprising none was scheduled for you.
Please call your doctor's office for advice on this matter.

Good luck to you, I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like your crash was very serious.