ask: How to get rid of anal fissure?

By Nina charles April 1, 2012 - 7:06am

I recently got anal fissure & it is bothering me a lot. Whenever i feel to go to toilet , I feel scare because it hurts me a lot like pricking, little bleeding, itching.Had been to doctor yesterday & he it it is curable with medicine.But my family people are telling me to get operated & I am scared of it.I am taking tablets & capsule like Rantac -D, Amroid capsules and Metrogyl 400mg. Can you please tell all these medicines cure the fissure? how long it will take? I am a pure vegetarian so eating spicy, oily is very less. Always I drink lots of water and eat fruits. My main question is, daily if i go to toilet, how come the wound will heal? Please tell me what can be done as soon as possible.

Thank you

Hi Nina charles,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Anal fissures often heal within a few weeks if you take steps to keep your stools soft and treat constipation or diarrhea. If the tear doesn't heal within six to eight weeks, however, you'll likely need medical treatment or possibly surgery.

Nonsurgical treatments:  Fiber supplements, Sitz baths, Medicated creams, Nitrogylcerin

If you have a chronic anal fissure that hasn't healed with other treatments, your doctor may recommend surgery. Surgery involves cutting a small portion of the anal sphincter muscle to reduce spasm and pain and promote healing. Surgery is usually done on an outpatient basis. It's important to talk to your doctor about the different options of treatment and how you feel about having surgery.

Here is a link that might be helpful on Anal Fissure

Anal Fissure