Q: 

How to get rid of REALLY bad period pain?

By March 7, 2010 - 12:47pm

Over the last couple of months my cramps have gotten worse and worse, to the point where I can barely walk. This is a very big problem because sometimes I can't even get out of bed the pain is so bad. The only thing that seems to work is 3 ibuprofen, a very warm heating pad, and sleep - all together. This is fine for weekends and nights, but I need something that will help during the long run, and most of all at school. I don't want my period to stop me from living my daily life. If possible, please also recommend something to help a rather heavy flow. Thank you!

Anonymous

Few weeks ago i suffered terrible cramps also, tried a product called mylivia and it really helped me out.. I tried also running outside and it did help a little bit.

Anonymous

Hi im 17 and i just started last month i know its old for to start but my cramps are sooo bad and i loose so much blood i faint how can i stop the cramps and help mybbleedi g go a bit slowly

Anonymous

Hi im 14 i have really bad cramps and i have to wait until i get home to do something about it but i want to get rid of them now what do i do

Anonymous

Hi I'm 17, and have had my period since I was 9. They have always been super heavy flow, and I know when I'm about to get it because the day before or first day I get cramps, headaches, nasuea, lower back pains. I literally get sick to the point of fevers sometimes. I need to go to a doctor, but since my family moves around we haven't been able to set up an appointment. I, like some of the other people who have commented, get either severe diarrhea or constipation. Sometimes I can't even eat or sleep because I'm too busy trying not to throw up/ dry heave. I've tried most of the usual, warm pads, acupuncture, crying, changed my diet, etc. This is becoming an extreme problem in my daily life, but I can't help but wonder how I will deal with this in college? I also love to travel, and this greatly impairs my ability to do so. Are there any suggestions?

HI, I have been having the same problems has you have you had any lucky with it? If so I could really use your help

Anonymous

hey im 15 and have had my period since 11 1/2 and it was always regular till this past half a year its 1:47 a.m my lower stomache hurts so bad im about to start crying! it feels like period stomache cramps but worst and i had my period 2 weeks ago and it hurts so bad and i dont have my period right now and i might be constipated but im not sure but i cany sleep and im exausted and hurt sooooo bad and p.s ive always had bad periods and this has been like this for 3 days and im on my 4th day and i feel like i havta use the restroom and now its 2am and im in the bathroom with a bad stomache ache and bottle of warm water on my stomache and baths dont help! im scared something could be wrong

Anonymous

I'm 13 and I've had my period for over a year and a half. I get extremely bad cramps, and I can't swallow pills. I don't know what to do. I've tried exercising , hot baths, curling up in a ball, heating pads, eating healthy foods, drinking lots of water, crying, ect. and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas? I told my mom and she told me everyone goes through this.. like I know that , but I still want it to go away. She also doesn't want us taking birth control bc of the fact that it can cause problems later on in your life.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Same! I used to be unable to swallow pills too and that sucked! Though, I taught myself to imagine the medication like a piece of food I'm too lazy to chew and it worked. Here's another example; if you ever had small pasta, sometimes you just swallow it without chewing, kinda like that. Make sure you relax your throat, it makes it much easier!

Best of luck to you!

What I usually do is I would drink hot tea, and just try to relax. Also if the pain gets really bad, just try to take deep breaths in through your nose, out of your mouth. And just try to calm down! I also fill the tub with hot water, and put on soft music to help me relax. And try ibuprofen! They make tiny circular pills, so you should be able to swallow it. Try to take 2 or 3. Also stay away from junk food, and try to eat lots of fruit, and drink lots of water to help ease the heavy flow. I hope you feel better soon! xx

Try using liquid medication and lie down in a ball.
They should go away in about 20 minutes