How to get rid of REALLY bad period pain?

By March 7, 2010 - 12:47pm

Over the last couple of months my cramps have gotten worse and worse, to the point where I can barely walk. This is a very big problem because sometimes I can't even get out of bed the pain is so bad. The only thing that seems to work is 3 ibuprofen, a very warm heating pad, and sleep - all together. This is fine for weekends and nights, but I need something that will help during the long run, and most of all at school. I don't want my period to stop me from living my daily life. If possible, please also recommend something to help a rather heavy flow. Thank you!

Anonymous

hey im 15 and have had my period since 11 1/2 and it was always regular till this past half a year its 1:47 a.m my lower stomache hurts so bad im about to start crying! it feels like period stomache cramps but worst and i had my period 2 weeks ago and it hurts so bad and i dont have my period right now and i might be constipated but im not sure but i cany sleep and im exausted and hurt sooooo bad and p.s ive always had bad periods and this has been like this for 3 days and im on my 4th day and i feel like i havta use the restroom and now its 2am and im in the bathroom with a bad stomache ache and bottle of warm water on my stomache and baths dont help! im scared something could be wrong

Anonymous

I'm 13 and I've had my period for over a year and a half. I get extremely bad cramps, and I can't swallow pills. I don't know what to do. I've tried exercising , hot baths, curling up in a ball, heating pads, eating healthy foods, drinking lots of water, crying, ect. and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas? I told my mom and she told me everyone goes through this.. like I know that , but I still want it to go away. She also doesn't want us taking birth control bc of the fact that it can cause problems later on in your life.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The thing you should do is go to a doctor. They might give you prescription pills that are not birth control. Also, yes, everyone goes through this, but there is a limit. You know your pain best, and it sounds like you should seek medical attention. Pain might be just really bad cramps, but might also show underlying problem.

Anonymous

Hi I'm 14 i started my when I was 11 when I was 12 I developed bad cramps to the point where sometimes I have been to thw hospital i have had a scan that came back clear i have had mefanamic acid i am on the pill i have had most pain killers and i dont know what to do
Please help

Anonymous

Im 14, lying in bed at 6:38am crying from pain I started my period when I was 11, I don't want to wake anyone up in my house let alone love from the pain, someone please tell me something that will make this go away fast please!

Did you ever find something to help you?

Anonymous

I'm only 16 years old and I started when i was 13. During this time I've suffered from strong period pain along with nerve damage (which really isn't fun). Here are a few things I do to completely kill the pain.
-start doing excersises a couple of days prior to period and (if you can) during the period.
-take primrose oil
-strech the abdomen (probs not saying that right) a way to do this is to lie down on your back and push one of your legs back as far as you can then push your abdomen upwards.
-pain killers. Obviously! There is one thing I really want to say about this. Panadine is commonly prescribed to people with severe menstral pain. Don't use it. I'm not an expert and I'm not a doctor but i can say one thing, panadine is very addictive and incredibly dangerous, I won't go into detail but I have experienced this and it is horrible. Please talk to a professional about a better choice of pain removal which doesn't include dangerous substances such as codine.
-hot water bottles
-lots of water
-avoid caffeine and carbs
-relax (if you can)
And.... that's about it! I'm not a professional but I hope these help!

Anonymous

So, coming from someone with any irregular period cycleand high pain tolerance, I'm I'm a kind of pickle at the moment. I'm 18 (started my period at 12) and for the past few years I thought my cycle was regulating I've been able to adjust to the pain throughout the years but this time around its unbeilevable. I am aware that I will miss months 2,3 sometimes 5 months without my period but it only happens in times of stress. I have been in a lot of stress lately so I was prepared to start early in the month witch I did but I missed 4 months in a row and now the pain is at the point were the only way I don't feel it is if I walk. I'm not crying from the pain but it's uncomfortable in class. I get easily distracted so the pain distracts me from doing my class work witch is not idel because I'm in my senior year.I have had perfect attendance all year and I'm not ready to miss school as it is what I love. But sitting for long periods of time makes me feel like I'm going to barf. And I feel like I'm distracting the class aswell because they have never seen me like this. I have dance practice tonight so it's not like I can sleep it off. I have a very strict schedule. Plzz help

It sounds like you have a hormonal imbalance and may also have ovarian cysts, or something else that is causing this pain.

Make an appointment with your doctor to know more.

Anonymous

Okay ladies I'm almost 20 and I got my periods when I was about 12 and it was hell!! For 4 years straight every month when that time came was cringeworthy for me. I can assure you I am not a drama queen I actually have a relatively high tolerance for pain but this was my dilemma. 2 days prior to getting my periods every month I would bulk on food sooo much because for the next week I was not eating a damn thing. I would throw up anything I tired putting in my system. Meals, tea even dry toast. I would have to starve myself to avoiding throwing up. On a couple of occasions I would throw up so much that I would pass out. Multiple times I have even vomitted the lining of my stomach. I tried pills, natural remedies, the hospitals, ultrasounds you name it I tried it. I would get injections that stop you from vomitting for 6 hours.... Lasts 30 min max on me. No one knew what my body was doing. Four years. Taking hot showers or heating pads only increased my chances of being sick because I would go through hot and cold sweats and get very faint headed and dizzy. The one thing that managed to work for me was the implanon. Ye sit is a contraceptive device but so far I'll get a few cramps every now and than but I can walk and move and not throw up every month. It really is great girls and worth trying.