How to get a sustainable and regular bowel movement?

I'm suffering from constipation from past few years it wasn't a chronic disorder in me.I have yo take a cup of hot tea and sit in a posture as suggested by my doctor to get an urge, sometimes it takes 1-2 hours to get an urge.Even after that the bowel movement is not well enough. I don't want to rely on any medicine or any posture for rest of my life ( as it become ineffective after some time or it becomes your habit.

Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
Whenever you have trouble having regular bowel movements its important to analyze your diet. If your diet mostly consists of highly processed foods this could be your answer. Try reducing processed foods (canned, frozen, and fast food). Also cut back dairy and red meat. Instead, fill up on fruits, vegetables and whole grains (brown rice, oats etc)
A healthy, pure diet is always the right solution to healthy bowel movements.

Constipation Guide