how to help get the baby out

By August 16, 2009 - 8:44am

i am 41 weeks pregnant and really dont want to be induced but my doctor said my cervix isnt favorable. i have 2 children already and they are 3 and 1 and a half so i have like no energy but i feel very strongly against the doctor having to make her come i would rather it just happen is there any subtle ways to help this along please comment ANY IDEAS will be great !!

Hi Tasha20!

Thanks for your question. I know, it's exhausting, eh? My older two were ages 2 and 1 when I had my third and it's quite tiring as you really have 3 babies!

If you are not even dialing by week 42, you may have to be induced (which isn't fun, I know) because there are some risks like of running out of amniotic fluid and the baby may be getting very big.

There are a million tales on how to naturally induce, like having sex or drinking cinnamon drinks as well as nipple stimulation. Some swear by some methods, others think they are nothing more than urban legends. I'm pretty much in the urban legend camp, personally!

At week 42, I was not even beginning to dilate so had to be put on pitocin and cervadil so it is sometimes necessary (I had very little amniotic fluid left) but hopefully you will begin to dilate very soon and induction will not be a factor.

Can you update us as to your status now?