How I recognize infection from a second degree burn?

I notice after 3 days that my hand and arm is swelling is possible that my second degree burn is gettin infected?

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns.

A second-degree burns involves the epidermis and part of the dermis layer of skin. The burn site appears red, blistered, and may be swollen and painful. So swelling is considered normal.

Superficial second-degree burns usually heal in about three weeks, as long as the wound is kept clean and protected. Deep second-degree burns may take longer than three weeks to heal.

An infection has various symptoms - they include:

- Drainage or pus from the burned skin
- Fever
- Increased pain
- Red streaks spreading from the burn
-Swollen lymph nodes

Contact your doctor if you have any of these symptoms. Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/burns/content/do-s-and-don-ts-treating-second-degree-burns?page=0,0

I hope this has helped and that you heal quickly. I know how much burns can hurt.

Burns Guide