How likely was my surgical abortion succesful?

I had a surgical abortion done today, I was told a week ago at my first consultation that I was around 5-6 weeks. Today when I had my ultrasound before the procedure (both transvaginal and abdominal) they couldn't really see anything on the ultrasound but went ahead and did the abortion. The dr. said she could kind of see something but not much, so I'm scheduled for an extra blood test on Friday to confirm whether I am having an Ectopic pregnancy or not.
Is it possible that the abortion still worked successfully despite not being shown on the ultrasound?

I'm sure it did work, if you were pregnant. At 5-6 weeks it's not always easy to see the fetus but I assume you took a test and if was confirmed by the abortion clinic. Either way, a fetus is not going to survive an abortion.