Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: How long after a fractured tailbone can I have sexual intercourse?

By Mmjtwarner1

Mmjtwarner1,

I couldn't find anything specific to when you could resume sex (odd, I know!) BUT, I did find that it takes a good couple of months to recover from a fractured tail bone. I'm assuming that you have been on pain relievers and have maybe invested on a doughnut cushion?

A good way to measure if you're ready for sex or not is if you can sit without pain. Judging on the pain you feel during daily activities and sitting on your coccyx, then it would be safe to say that if you still feel pain while sitting on it, you'll probably feel pain during sex. If it's been less than 2 months since you fractured your tail bone, consider waiting on sex. Once you're perfectly able to continue with your days without notable pain, it could be time to give it a go!

Good Luck and get well soon!

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :