How long after having a spinal fusion and disc replacement do I have to wait to have a second procedure done for my bladder(I am having an interstim device put in) I have frequency,urgency and sometimes incontinince, bladder spasms. I was told that

By November 9, 2011 - 4:39pm

sometimes your bladder symptoms get better after back surgery or worse. I'm not sure whether to do interstim before or after what do you think?

I don't know. You need to discuss your concerns about your bladder symptoms and review the pros and cons of having the interstim device with the surgeon who will be performing the surgery. Also, consult the orthopedic surgeon, who performed the spinal fusion and disc replacement, about recovery time necessary to notice an improvement in bladder symptoms and how soon you can undergo another surgical procedure.

Urinary Incontinence