For how long can I take a vitamin & energy shake?

Yes all mornings my husband and I take this shake, has a lot of vitamins as A, C, D, E, B6, B12, and some other, and also has calcium. iron, Niacin, Zinc, Iodine, Chromium, manganese some others, and also contains BIOFLAVONOIDS, NUCLEIC ACIDS, ENZYMES, LIPIDS, PLANT PIGMENTS, and some herbs. like i said we take it in the morning and we have our lunch (regular food), and dinner time something light.

My question is How long can we take this shake?, its been 3 weeks already, because somebody told me that we can get sick taking a lot of vitamins, for long period of time, is that true?

Thank and i wait for your help

Welcome and thank you for your question - it's a really good one!

Yes, you can overdo vitamins! And you can overdose on them too. In fact, you can overdose on pretty much anything - even water.

You need to make sure that the amount of vitamins and minerals you are taking are not over what you need based on your age and health, as well as your general diet. For example, if your diet is filled with iron and calcium rich foods like raisins, broccoli, soy, liver, turkey, and dairy, then you would likely not need extra supplements. Over doing it can cause nausea and upset the body's delicate balance. They can become toxic to the body and actually turn into drugs in your system, instead of nutritional supplements.

A multi-vitamin isn't a bad idea - I take one myself. But your primary source of nutrition should come from healthy and fresh foods, rather than supplements.

So when making your shake, make sure the vitamin content is moderate. As long as it is, then having it for breakfast is ok. But there is no need to have 100% of your recommended vitamin C allowance, for example, if you also eat an orange, broccoli, some papaya or bell peppers during the day. Knowing the nutritional content of your food is as important as knowing the content of your supplements - and this will afford you a good dietary balance.

Has this helped?

Healthy Eating