how long does your first period after birth last?

I had my baby boy 2 months ago and started my period on January 6, 2015 and today is the 19the and I still have my period is this normal? When will it stop?

Thanks for your post and congratulations on your new baby! 

I bled for 9 weeks straight after all three of my children. Then three weeks after that I got my first period so I was a rather extreme case. All women are different. A lot of women have longer and heavier periods after having children. 

Since you have been bleeding for two weeks, a call to your doctor can't hurt. Have you had your post-partum appointment yet? You probably have but place a follow up call to your doctor to talk about the bleeding. 

I am going to hazard a guess that there is nothing wrong but since you just gave birth, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Will you keep us updated, Anon?