How many days prior to starting your period do PMS symptoms appear?

By Guide August 20, 2014 - 12:28pm

I can usually tell when I am PMSing-my husband can certainly tell! I often feel like I am a totally different person for about 2 or 3 days. Does everyone feel this way? How many days before your period do PMS symptoms pop up so I can forewarn everybody? :-)

Thank you for your help!

Hi Kristin!

Sharing this article that talks about PMS http://bioidentical-testosterone.com/understanding-pms/

Hi Kristin

Thanks for your post - and the warning! 

Most women experience PMS anywhere from 10-3 days before their periods. 

Symptoms include bloating, painful breast pain, food cravings, fatigue and mood swings. Ways to avoid these symptoms include avoiding high fat or high sugar foods, eating fresh goods and getting plenty of sleep. A warm bath and some pampering can help with mood swings as well as avoiding thoughts or topics that irritate you in general. 

Read more here:

PMS Guide