How many days will sperm survive in a woman on birth control?

I started birth control a month and a half ago. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex for two weeks, I was taking my pill perfectly the entire time, exact time and everything. However, I begin to get an extremely irregular period that lasted about 2 weeks (normally have 5 day long periods). So I stopped taking that birth control for 3 days of of fear! We had sex last on Thursday the 25th of June at about 8 p.m the last birth control pill I took was on Sunday the 28th of June, (those three days after we had sex last, I took the pill perfectly). I missed, Mon the 29th, tues the 30th, and weds the 1st and on Thursday took 2 pills, and started taking them regularly again. My concern is that I may be pregnant, because sperm can survive inside me for 5 consecutive days. We did not have any sex at all after the 25th. Is it extremely likely I am pregnant?

How long does sperm live in a woman on birth control? I've missed 3 pills because I can't remember to take them. Was on IUD before this but could not tolerate it. I am scheduled to ovulate today. If I missed a pill last night, had unprotected sex but took the missed one this morning could I still conceive?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Once ejaculated, sperm can live inside a woman for three days to sometimes five days.

Missing three consecutive doses of your birth control pills and not using a backup method, like a condom, does raise your risk of becoming pregnant during intercourse.

Birth control pills prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation, so I am confused why you think you were "scheduled to ovulated " yesterday.

Is your last question about missing one pill last night, having unprotected sex, and taking the missed dose the following morning, a separate scenario or part of the missing three doses question?

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you for your response. I have been put on Norethindrone to "regulate ovulation" by my gynecologist. She stated that this is a birth control pill but will regulate my ovulation so that is what I was talking about regarding that.

The last question I asked in my previous post was referring to my missing of the three doses.

i had my last sex with my partner last april 12..thAt dAy wAs the end ogmf my period..and that day also i take my first pill..i take the pill more than a month i got my period last may 5..but why this june im expecting this first week...but its not yet coming..do i have to worried becAuse now im on my work at thr othet country..please help me..thank you

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Are these pills birth control pills? Your period of May 5 proved that you did not become pregnant.

If these are birth control pills, you should have bleeding during the week of the inactive or non hormone pills, Traveling to another country especially if you are living in a different time zone can cause a delay in the start of your period. But, being on birth control pills shouldn't have such an effect.

Anonymous, try contacting your gynecologist or find one in your area. Is there a women's health clinic nearby?

Hello Maryann,
I started bc 5 months ago and now we decided to conceive. My last pill on the pack was on Mar 13 and we had sex on Mar 14, I was also checking my ovulation on opks and I was ovulating on Mar 15 and 16 also my basal body temperature was high on both the days. So I want to know if I have the chances of getting pregnant as we really want to. I am also not having any bleeding or spotting after stopping bc which I usually do even if I missed 1 pill in the past. Please advise.
Thanks a lot,

Guide (reply to Babyleaf)

Hi Nina,

Birth control pills work by preventing ovulation. Though opks indicated you would be ovulating on March 15, I don't know how valid that was because you had been taking birth control pills.

You can check with your gynecologist, but I think you might need to be off the pills a full month before conceiving. See what happens in the next day or so. If you have no bleeding then maybe you did conceive.

Wishing you the best,

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi Maryann,

Thank you for your response to my previous comment. Today is April 5th and I still haven't got my periods yet. Last day of the periods was Feb 18th, scanty brown spotting on Feb 26, 27, 28, & 29th and I came off the pill on March 14th. I have had no bleeding/ spotting since then (having unprotected sex since March 13. I took two tests and came negative.I feel cramps in legs and lower back from last week, doesn't feel any taste of food, feel nauseous after eating meal. I am not sure what is going on. Please advise.

Guide (reply to Babyleaf)

Hi Nina,
As long as you tested properly, that is tested in the morning and use the urine when you first awoke, you can accept the negative results.
Otherwise, test once more.

I suggest you contact your gynecologist since you stopped birth control pills, have been having unprotected sex and no period. Your doctor might order a blood pregnancy test, which is more accurate than the urine test.

Keep in touch,

I was in the middle of my second week of the yellow/ whitish colored pills. Thank you for your response.