How much does your chances of reoccurance decrease with treatment verses non treatment?

By August 19, 2013 - 8:01am

Hello Bedpan Annie,

Untreated invasive ductal breast cancer can eventually spread to the lymph nodes and possibly to other areas of the body.

I recently underwent a right mastectomy for invasive ductal carcinoma and invasive mucinous carcinoma. This is my second diagnosis of cancer. The first was esthesioneuroblastoma, which is a rare type of brain cancer. Maybe
because of my history, my surgeon recommended a more aggressive mode of treatment. I am now 6 weeks post-op, have begun the first phase of reconstructive surgery, and most importantly, the pathology report showed that the cancer had not invaded the lymph nodes. An aggressive removal of the most of the right breast showed clean margins.

I suggest you have a serious discussion with your surgeon and oncologist to decide the best treatment option for you.

All the best,

Hi BedpanAnnie

However, you did not give any further information regarding what disease or condition you are talking about; please do so and we can help you further.

Sorry, it is invasive ductal breast cancer. I have been trying to get oncologist to tell me stats involving different treatments. EX: do nothing more than lumpectomy without nodes to chemo to aromatose inhibitors, etc.

Thank you Bedpan Annie