How much Vitamin D 3 can I take safely? From food and supplements?

I have only one kidney and can't get in the sun much because of basal cells on my skin. I am taking about 2000 IU. now, is that okay?

Welcome to EmpowHer and thank you for your question!

Vitamin D3, Unlike Vitamin D and D2, is a rather safe supplement to take. It's known for it's cancer-fighting abilities and it is said that the more you take, the better!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an adequate intake daily value for Vitamin D3, Specifically. You will have to call your doctor and as him this. When you do--will you keep us posted?

Best Wishes,