ask: How to remove the fear of pain of first intercourse?

i'm newly married but i always keep myself away from being intercourse with my husband. He sometimes angry with me but i'm totally helpless. Whenever we proceed for intercourse but i feel fear of pain and resist him doing intercourse. Please help me so that i can remove this tension and keep my husband happy.

Anonymous

I am scared of sex a lot the fears of having a baby hunt me down.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Pregnancy is often a result of having sex but the proper use of birth control can eliminate the risk almost completely (although nothing is a 100% certain). 

Talk to your doctor about birth control options - this is your right to do this. Or make sure your partner uses a condom each and every time you have sex. 

Can you do this?

Anonymous

I've read this whole topic and my fear only got larger...its scary that this fear can last that long and everything so I don't see any help except the knowing that you are not alone. Because I have the same problem with my husband and I think that I have to get drunk or something to do it because I don't have more patience for it, its driving me crazy...is it a bad idea?

Anonymous

I'm always tension guy need medicin

MellieMel

Hello there,

I am in a serious relationship with a man I truly love and I want to show him my full commitment to him and confidence of our future by becoming one with him. We have been together for two years and had feeling for one another for more then five years now. We have done many things together sexually but we haven't made love yet. We have tried plenty of times before to have sex but every time he is inserting his penis I would feel some pain, then I would soon to panic and ask him to stop(he is very respectful). Also, I am never comfortable where we would try to have sex, I fear of his roommates coming home at any minute (I am a very paranoid person). I feel like the only way to have privacy is to get a hotel room, is it wrong to get a room just to make love? I am a virgin and my boyfriend is not but it does not bother me. Now I am very relaxed before,he does a well job on helping me relax, but when he inserts it then I start to feel pain I would panic and I would become very stressed(not only is stressful for myself but also on my beloved boyfriend). We have talked many hours of this problem and I see clearly that I do have a fear of sex, I want to overcome that fear not only for him but for myself as well. Please help me and thank you.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to MellieMel)

Hi MellieMel

I think it's a fantastic idea to get a hotel room - nothing wrong with that at all!

You'll be more related and have privacy, something that you probably need.

Groupon have great rates for local hotels - you could order dinner in to cut down on costs, use the hotel's facilities, swim etc. Then have a nice night back at the room.

If I didn't have kids, I'd do this myself!

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

MellieMel (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you for your response Susan,

I suggested it to my boyfriend and he loved the idea! We will definitely put your advice into good use. And I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again, Mellie

Anonymous

Hi there am newly married having trouble with my wife.

Whenever i try for intercourse she has a fear and avoids me which is causing me lot of anger and unable to concentrate on any.Not sure what to do can anyone suggest what can be done .

I

Thanks for your post and I am sorry that you are having these troubles.

As I have said before, many very religious Western women and many other non-Western women (for both cultural and religious reasons) have been raised to believe that sex is painful, dirty, guilt-inducing and wrong. Then suddenly they get married, are "allowed" to have sex and now they are supposed to NOT believe all that. This is very difficult physiologically for women and they need support, not anger. In fact, it's the male dominated culture that has led to them to believe this.

I think it's a good idea for your wife to talk to other married women for support. Or talk to a sympathetic female doctor who can help her out. I'm sure it's frustrating for you but I don't think your wife is at fault here. By giving her time, support and patience, I am sure things will resolve.

Anonymous

Hello Everybody, I thought this link might be interesting for all of you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/16vqbl/im_20_and_i_i_ju...

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :