Wellness

Hi, Today I found out that I have stool and air in my colon. My GI doctor told me to go to emergency room which I did and they did all testing there such as blood work, urine test, pelvic\transvaginal ultrasound and abdominal x-ray. The ultrasound says I have ovarian cyst which I'm aware and getting treatment for it but the x-ray report telling me I have stool and air in my colon I'm scared over this. I want to know how do they treat this matter? Is there something my GI doctor give me to get rid of the stool and air? I'm only 29 and dealing with such matter? Depend on what my doctor says I want to tell him about an organic colon cleanse I have which I really prefer taking it. I mentioned it to him in the past and said he doesn't recommend it to his patients but I had this few times in the past and is not problem for me at all. I feel very good after I had it. Depend what my doctor says do you think is okay I mention it to him again regarding this cleanse I have and that I prefer going with this? Please let me know more about this soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Melissa6666

Thanks so much for your reply. I will definitely mention this to him. One little thing that bothers me which is when I mention this to him in the past he told me for such thin he doesn't recommend it to patients but I have had this few times in the past without any problems though and I prefer taking it.
The other thing I want to know is before I mention this to him I want to know how is such thing in general treated and taken care of? How would a doctor cure this matter? I'm afraid he makes me to do something major and if I say no I don't want to go with it then he makes me to do it and I feel a little bit scared depend on what he says. Do you think he force me to some kind of major treatment? I feel like I'm constipated though I don't feel like my bladder is completed empty. Please let me know about this soon.
Thank You,
Melissa

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Melissa

No doctor can make you do what you don't want to do. And if he doesn't recommend a certain cleanse and you've done it before and it has worked well, then you need to make your own decisions! Doctors aren't God! They don't know everything and they have right and wrong opinions like everyone else. Nobody can force you into anything! Melissa, you are a grown woman and you need to stop looking at doctors like they are the final word on everything - they aren't. You need to make your own informed decisions.

Like I said, try the cleanse to see if this works for your constipation. If it works, great. If not, then look into further options but give it a try first before worrying about the next step.Change doctors if you need to.

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I do know I want to take the cleanse I have but first thing is next week I'm going to see him for follow up of my test results and I'm going to see what he will say first. Then I know I will want to start taking the cleanse. Thanks for your help. There is just one thing I'm wondering about which is such thing I mentioned as having stool and air in the colon do you think they take care of it by colonoscopy or some other way?

Thank You,
Melissa

Melissa

I think many doctors would first recommend using a cleanse before a colonoscopy but your doctor can let you know on your next visit based on his findings/opinions. Keep us posted!

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Thanks for your reply. I didn't ask my question the right way. I was saying since my test results says I have stool and air in my colon, I was wondering in general do you think they treat this matter through colonoscopy or colonoscopy has nothing to do with being treated for this? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Melissa

I don't know the answer to that question. We can only provide you with a guide and/or suggestions.

You need to ask your doctor this question.

Good luck,

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Okay thank you for your reply. I just hope I don't go through colonoscopy or something unusual. I just hope he tells me something easy. I'm seeing my doctor this Tuesday and he is the best doctor there.

Thank You,
Melissa

Hi Melissa

Everyone has stool in their colon -and it sounds like he is talking about trapped air. Is your stool compacted - stuck there? This can be quite common.

A colon cleanse therefore is a very good idea and it's perfectly fine for you to approach him about using a cleanse that you have used before. Remember this is your body and you know all your symptoms best.

For stool that is trapped, a cleanse is often recommended so you are on the right track. Once you are finished with the cleanse, give yourself several days to see how you feel. Hopefully your symptoms will clear up quickly.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: