Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

How / where do you go to get help for emotional abuse?

By Anonymous March 9, 2015 - 9:20pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thanks for your post.

Are you asking for the abuser or for the person abused?

Either way, the people involved need to separate. The first thing a person needs to do (if they have not already), if to get away from the abuser.  Move out, change phone numbers - whatever it takes. 

Then look for therapy - whether it's individual or group or both.  

A person needs to dig deep to find what triggers the abuse and how to recognize signs to stop it.  They need to be held accountable and acknowledge their behavior. 

The abused person needs to understand that they have done nothing wrong and regain self-esteem and strength again. 

Therapy will help both persons. 



March 10, 2015 - 5:19am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.