By October 26, 2015 - 10:27am

I had hpv when I was 18 and my doc cleared it all out. But im worried that it might have came back and formed cancer. I had blood clots after I had sex for like a week straight like a quarter size. Could this mean im going to die? It only happened that one time not to mention my period had already came that last week before I bled again. I've been very scared and it has really been frustrating for me I did have pid before im just hoping I dont have cancer im very scared. I recently got with a clinic that I received 2 grants thats going to pay for my doctor's visits so I went to my doc and was told my pap was abnormal sigh. The bleeding happened in august or September and I go see the obgyn November 2. I know I've been under stress so im not sure if that was the case. I experienced cramp as well and no weakness. Im so terrified as I did have hpv before and was told by my doc when I was 18 that I will not get hpv anymore

Hi again AnxiousGirl

I wrote to you on another issue just before - based on your stories, you need to have a good talk with your doctor to understand what is going on with your reproductive system.

Firstly, when it comes to a virus like HPV, a doctor can't "clear it all out." That's not how viruses work. No doctor can tell you that you won't get the virus again. The HPV virus can sort of burn itself out with some people but for many, it will stay within their system and can rear up again in a few months, a few years or never. You can also get reinfected with different strains.

Since it appears the virus has reappeared, talk to your doctor on Nov 2nd and have a list of your concerns for her. Your doctor at 18 had no idea what he/she is talking about when it comes to this virus.