HRT - Progesterone?

By Anonymous March 18, 2014 - 8:31am

I was taking the 200 dose of progesterone 10 days a month and getting the most awful periods. I have switched to the 100 dose of progesterone daily and my periods are a lot more manageable. Plus my hot flashes have been greatly reduced. Is there any down side to taking the lower dose everyday versus taking the higher does 10 days a month? Please let me know your thoughts.

Hi Anonymous

Hormone treatments have guidelines but every woman is different and like you, they often need to have their dosages adjusted (sometimes several times) until they find what works for them. If this new dosage is working for you then unless you doctor thinks otherwise, it may be good to keep the change. 

Did your doctor suggest the change or was it something you tried yourself?

Menopause Guide