Q: 

Hy ,am 19 years old I took postinor before 72 hours earlier this month, and I had PMS symptoms which suddenly stoped now am late could I be pregnant

By Anonymous April 8, 2017 - 10:39pm

Guide

Hi, Anon.

Thank you for your post.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. It may cause an early or a late period, so be aware of this. If you don’t get your next period within a week of its expected date, you should test for pregnancy.

Helena

Emergency Contraception