Q: 

I already had a delayed menstruation before having sex, what's the likelihood that i can get pregnant??

By April 19, 2017 - 4:28am

my last period was feb 28...according to my menstrual app i should have my period between march29-april11 but i did not...i had been in a lot of stress during that week so i assumed that could be the reason of the delay. Then i had sex on april 13th and april 15th. I already had a delayed menstruation before having sex, what's the likelihood that i can get pregnant?? i've been using the menstrual app for 3 years and my menstrual cycle pattern is regular in 36-40 days cycle.

Guide

Hello kaycee20,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

Prolonged emotional stress can cause a missed period.

There would have been a chance of becoming pregnant during intercourse on April 13 and 15, if you did not use protection and if this was five days before ovulation or on the day of ovulation.

Consider scheduling an appointment with a gynecologist. If you do not want to become pregnant, it would be the opportunity to discuss birth control options and choose the one that will work best for you.

Likewise, it would be the opportunity to determine why you have not gotten a period since February.

Regards,