I am 19 and I have praderwilli syndrome, but I don't have my period yet?

I want to have children, but I didn't start my period yet, but I have praderwilli syndrome. Can I have children still even though my mother said I could from reading online.

Hi Auka17

Thank you for your question and welcome!

Prader Willi is very rare and is considered to be a genetic condition from the father's side.

One of the side effects of Prader Willi is indeed a lack of, or completion of, sexual maturity.

Having children is not a possibility for many with this condition but not all.

Have you had a complete gynecological exam yet, and a full check up of your reproductive system, including hormones? If not, this is something that you'll need to have.

I'm sure you are well-educated regarding your condition but check out our Prader Willi page for plenty of information: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/prader-willi-syndrome

What symptoms do you show now, with regard to Prader Willi?

Are you looking to have children now, or just wanting to know for later?
I hope to hear more from you soon!

Well my doctors said that I need more estorgen and they were going to put me on the estrogen pill so that I can start my period and then I can have children. Well I just want to know for later. My boyfriend is 21 and he also ahs prader willi syndrome, but males that have prader willi syndrome would they be able to have a sperm to produce one. We met at a hospital were they specialize and help with that prader willi syndrome. So would more estorgen help me to have children after I start my period because my docotrs are gonna put me on it, but they want to wait until I loose weight and get smaller which I am at that process now and then put me on the estorgen pill. They said that it will make me gain weight if I staart now and I think that my boyfriend is getting the shots so that he can produce sperm.