I am 2 yrs out from complicated pelvic/acetabular fracture and still have pain with sex. I need advice.

By Anonymous December 4, 2010 - 9:58am

I have hardware from one hip to the other in the front of my pelvis as it was shattered in my car accident. I am really despondent and have a very difficult time finding information on such a specific problem.

I'm sorry you are still in pain from your fracture.

As a result, any kind of movement could cause pain but I agree that you need to get your sex life back in track again.

Have your tried multiple positions to see which one is the least painful? Trial and error will allow you to find what works best.

Also, are you in physical therapy for this pain? I know it may be a hard thing to talk about but a physical therapist could also probably have great information for you. You may also need "props" so to speak, to stay comfortable (pillows etc). Have you tried this? Is your partner also trying his best to find positions that do not cause you pain?

Another idea is for you to try a special sex chair or supportive device to keep your comfortable. You can find an array of these on any sex toy/device store on line. The store called Liberator has a huge range of sex pillows and furniture that are for "fun" and excitement in the bedroom but is also used by many for supportive sex after an injury.

You can review their stuff here: http://www.liberator.com/eng/categories/sex-furniture

Let me know what you think and my best to you-