Female Sexual Dysfunction

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide

ask: I am a 21 year old female with no sex drive... Help?

I am a 21 year old female with no sex drive. I love my boyfriend, I WANT to be intimate with him, but once the time comes for intercourse, I am dry as a desert downstairs and confused because I know I want him. It is like there is no communication between my brain and my body parts. We've talked this through (because we've both had problems as of late), and both of us have come to the conclusion that we are tired and our diets are different as of late because we are not at home (actually on the other side of the country for a few more weeks). I understand diet can affect sex-drive but my diet has probably improved since being here, but I can admit that I've been pretty tired. Also, in the past month, I started bleeding mid-cycle even though I take the pill consistently. I visited the doctor and everything was normal, and I will start a new pill in a week or two once this cycle is done. I just don't know what to do. We want each other so badly, but I wasn't ready dowstairs when he was definitely ready. What can I do?

Anonymous

PLEASE HELP ME, I HAVE SOME MAJOR ISSUES!!

I am 22 years old and my boyfriend is 25 years old. So my boyfriend LOVES sex lives, breaths and sleeps sex. We've been together 3 years. In his perfect world he'd have sex 3 times a day breakfast, lunch and dinner at least 5 days a week! Now as you may imagine I AM NOT A MACHINE!!! I on the other hand have a very low sex drive and I am turned on emotionally, If I feel good on the inside I can show it physically. This is something that my boyfriend does not understand at all. He says that sex has nothing to do with my emotional needs and that I am "selfish" and "stubborn" and depriving him of his "boyfriend" rights.

So with all this in mind I try twice a day at least 2 days a week. He still complains!!! The sex for me is now more like washing the dishes or hoovering, its not enjoyable as I MUST do it else there will be no peace in the house. I literally feel like am being RAPPED some of the time. In my perfect world I would like sex once or twice a week. I love my boyfriend and believe he loves me too hence why I have put up with all this. How can I make him see that there is more to the relationship than just sex? I wish he put in as much effort in the rest of our relationship as he does sex. He also says that I should be grateful he hasn't cheated on me as I am not meeting his needs according to his specifications.

He also has the idea that all other couples out there live, breath and eat sex so there's definitely something wrong with me. Is this the case? or Am I a mug?

PLEASE HELP, ALL ADVICE WELCOME.

louise0820

I am a 20 year old female and my sex drive is lost far far away. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and used to be long distance - where our sex was great. Now we live together and I feel so guilty because he always wants to have sex, and I WANT to, but my body will not cooperate. I am on Loestrin 24 Fe, the same birth control I was on as a teenager when my sex drive was at an extreme high. I also do not feel comfortable masturbating.. the thought of it makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable. This used to never be an issue for me and I am so young, I just want to please my boyfriend.

Anonymous (reply to louise0820)

Louise0820
I hope you find this reply.
I'm 23, married for 2 years, and have zero sex drive with my husband and have zero interest in pleasing myself alone.
Have things changed for you since you posted this? Can you offer me any advice? I feel completely lost and I can't find anyone (that I know) who is going through the same thing as me.

Thank you..
mdc-ns

haileyveeneman

Hi, I am a 21 year old female. I had a daughter 16 months ago (her father and I are still together, just not married.) I haven't been able to find the want to have sex. Don't get me wrong, we have our ups and downs, but I really love him and I want him to know that I love him. It's really stressful on our relationship. I feel like I should force myself to have sex with him, even if I don't want to, because it's my fault that I'm like this.

Whenever I try to explain to him what is going on with me, he insists that I'm lying and I just don't love him anymore. I really need help with this, because I don't believe our relationship will last much longer without the closeness of having sex. It has taken a large toll on us already.

I also feel extremely self conscious about this, I don't understand where the urge went. My other mommy friends say that nothing has changed with their libido, so am I just defective? Am I never going to find the desire ever again? Is there anything over the counter that I can take to help with this?

Please, and Thank you.

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to haileyveeneman)

Haileyveeneman,

A stressful relationship that is at a constant up and down can have a poor effect on your libido. Couple this with the added stress and exhaustion of having a child and some women would much rather have a good night's sleep than sex with their partner. Be honest with yourself-- if you truly do love him and are still attracted to him, find a babysitter one night. Dress up like you used to before having children, go out for the night and see if sparks fly! It can be hard on a new mom to find the time to separate being a mommy and being a woman.

All the best to you,

Rosa

Anonymous

I have similar problems to everyone on here!! I have been in. Relationship for 3 years and I do love him so much. I think he is absolutely beautiful but when we get into bed I just am not interested. I do not sleep very well so even though I don't want to have sex i find myself just lying there wide awake instead. I absolutely cannot stand oral sex which I know is a problem for him but even When we first met I couldn't stand oral sex but we still had a very active sex life. I have been feeling like this for about a year and a half now and feel guilty every day! I speak to my friends who at the same age as me but they find it bizarre and it turns into a joke!!!! HELP!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You really do need to see a doctor about this. If your heart or lungs or legs weren't working properly, then you would see a doctor so this is the same thing. You may have a problem with your hormones or some other issue you are unaware of.

It may not get better on it's own so please see your doctor.

~Susan

Anonymous

I would say u should get ur hormones & thyroids checked out by specialists. I'm currently having the exact problem as a married 26yr. old. So , I know what ur going through.

Anonymous

I'm 24 and married to a wonderful man we been married for two years now going on three I have polycystic ovarian diease and endometrious sux sense I'm so young. I have no period at all but I did use to have a good sex drive and now nothing I can't get off I give him sex cuz I feel bad that I'm not that into it it sux cuz we are close and have good communication what should I do what is wrong with me can anyone help

Do you think medical companies should continue to search for a "female Viagra" in the hopes of one day receiving FDA approval?
Definitely
79%
No
10%
Not sure
4%
Don't Care
8%
Total: 378 Votes