I am 31 weeks and wait tables, school, and a 2 year old. Now I know this is all enough to make you tired but I am alone,too. I feel like i am handling everything wrong. How can I get motivated. How do I handle raging hormones

Hi Anonymous

Thanks for your post and congrats on the impending birth of your baby!

You do have a lot on your plate right now. It sounds like something has to give. Your baby is here to stay and you need to work to make a living so you may have to put school on a temporary (only) hold until you are on a more even keel. I know you are probably tying to get your degree/certificate as soon as possible but there is always an option to go back 6 months from now (say, the new winter semester in '11) because you may burn out in the next month or two and end up dropping out completely or exhausting yourself to the point of becoming ill. Your two year old could probably do with some extra time with you too!

With regard to your hormones - when you say they are raging, what do you mean? Are you feeling sad, angry, upset, enraged, depressed? Having mood swings in pregnancy is very normal but I think it may be a good idea to talk to your doctor about this, especially if it's affecting your daily life.

Anon - you said you are all alone? Where is the father of your children? He has a responsibility (both financial and from a care-taking stance) to be caring for both his children and you! Please sit down with him and explain this (it's a pity you have to). Is he not supportive of you?

Do you have a supportive family/friend network? Even one or two friends can mean a world of difference!

Please write back to us, we're here to support you and things WILL get better, I promise! I look forward to hearing back from you soon!