I am a 37 year old woman with night sweats and no sex drive. I have been to my ob-gyn and been tested for thyroid, hormones, etc. Everything has come up fine. But the night sweats continue.

I have had two children (now 6 and 4). Night sweats started about 1 year ago. Seem to get worse when I have my period. My ob-gyn changed my pill prescription from Estrostep to Portia. Night sweats continue. Had a chest x-ray - nothing. Had blood work done - all were fine, other than Estrogen being a bit low (but within the range). I am frustrated because I have gotten no where and seen my doctor twice, but the sweats continue and they are disruptive, as well as the lack of sex drive. Also, I was checked for early menopause and that came back as negative too. My doctor's last comment was this is a head scratcher. Any thoughts on what else I can do? I don't want to think that this is going to be normal.....and don't want to just give up.

I am 37 no sex drive thyroid doesnt work menapausal and am affraid I am going to lise my man over this pls help

You are going through some tough physical times right now, a man who would leave you over this isn't really worth holding onto, is he? Or do you just think he may leave? Is he generally supportive of you?

Please talk to your doctor about regulating your thyroid and female hormones so that you can feel more normal again. Have you been officially told you are in menopause? To be 37 and menopausal is quite unusual but there are treatments for this that can really help you get back to your old self. You need to request a meeting with your doctor to discuss your treatment options as well as talk about your thyroid.

Best of luck to you and keep in touch with us,

Yes he is just a worry lol.I had hystroctomey when i wad 26 and have had no hormones since 2002 when i askef a Dr.for them hw said I didnt need them .With my thyroid they cant seem to get it rite i take 275 mc now I just want to be happy not sad and sleepy all the time .

Hi again Anon

Thanks for the update!

With regard to your thyroid - unfortunately it can take some women many changes in dosage before they see results - it can be very frustrating. You may need to talk to your doctor about another change.

Did you have a full hysterectomy or a partial one - meaning the uterus was removed but your ovaries remained? This makes a huge difference as keeping your ovaries stops you from going into menopause and you would not need hormones.

I had a full

You need to talk to your doctor about your options. While HRT isn't a cure-all for menopause, for a doctor to tell a woman she doesn't need hormones....just because...isn't right. Unless you have a history of cancer, HRT should at least be an option for you. Change your doctor if he/she is unwilling to talk to you about this.

Well, our bodies as individuals are not the same. I feel it could be an early sign of menopause but i guess it would stop after a while and may be on and off till you get there.

I thought I was leaving a comment for the 37 year old lady who said she has night sweats. I am so sorry, i dont know why it came to this post.

For this post, i have no comment.

Thank you for your comments and input. Have you had your hormones tested?

Your symptoms could be from your bipolar disorder/medications but you may want to have a full and complete check up done, especially since you are only 27!

Will you give us an update?

I am 27 years old woman with a four and a seven year old,yes my husband and i started early. any way i have been experiencing night sweats regularly also. i too have had the thyroid test and every thing has come back normal. but i have been taking lamitical for low grade bipolar disorder. I have absolutely no sex drive unless Im a little tipsy and i know it has nothing to do with my husband but maybe i need testosterone!

Night Sweats