i am a 40yr old and i have been expercing a burning sensation for about 6months really cant tell exactly where it is coming from,but feels like my vagina or ureatha.no pain when i urinate though.just constant burning sensation.been to 3 docotos no luke

By Anonymous February 18, 2011 - 10:29am

Thanks for your question although we do need more information from you - you did not write anything other than the title so I'm unclear as to exactly what's going on.

What have you been tested for so far? A UTI? STDs? Other kinds of infections?

Also, have your heard of a female condition called vulvodynia? It's possible you may have this. Please read about it here and tell me if you think it's a possibility for you: http://www.empowher.com/vulvodynia/content/vulvodynia-chronic-pain-genital-area

Do you have other symptoms like a flu-ish feeling, headaches, fatigue, muscle pain or anything like this? Is it painful to have sex/insert a tampon/get a physical exam done in this area?

If you can fill us in with more information (my questions above), we'd be happy to help you further. I hope to hear back from you!

sorry im new to all this,however ive been tested for std's and uti all neg.ive had this for several years but it would come and go.this time its back with a vengeance.sometimes sex is painful but the strange thing is sometimes after sex its better.i stopped using tampoons about 6months ago because i thought that was the problem but no luck.im not having any other symptons.i dont think its vulva.oh by the way sometimes i experience constipation with heaviness in the pit of my stomach could all this be related,,,,,thanks for your help

Hi again!

Many people get constipated so I'm not sure if this could be linked with your pain or not. Make sure to incorporate lots of fiber and water in your diet.

If this pain is getting even worse, then I think it's time to see an OB/GYN about this as you could have vulvodynia but it could also be an injury of some kind, some kind of nerve damage or any other number of things. Especially if you are negative for STDs or UTIs, it could be something specific that needs testing before a diagnosis can be made.
Let me know what you think-