I am 45 years old, my periods are every 22 days. last year I had 2 periods in 1 month twice. and my period is close to 7 days late. I took a hpt with negative results. should I be very concerned? any and all help appreciated.

By November 28, 2014 - 9:35pm

Late period

Hi mouse86

If your pregnancy test is negative then I don't think you have much to worry about. 

At 45, you can expect your periods to be less regular than usual. Many women at this age become less regular until menopause starts at the average age of 52. 

If you don't get your period in the next week, retest just to rule it out completely. 

Read more about perimenopause here: 

Perimenopause Guide