I am 55 years old. I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago. My estradiol level is 14. I have moderate/severe hot flashes and night sweats. I also am frequently tired and have low libido. Would HRT benefit me. My doctor keeps saying I'm normal for my age.

By Anonymous November 5, 2012 - 11:52am

HRT can really help women suffering from hot flashes, low libido and other horrible effects of menopause.

If you want to try HRT (and you have no history of breast cancer) then it shouldn't be harmful to try it, unless your doctor has medical reservations for whatever reason. The fact that your numbers are "normal" doesn't help, if you still feel awful.You have the right to request HRT.

What has your doctor suggested, if not HRT? Has she helped you to find other solutions?

Hot Flashes